Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Reading a lot lately

People in books are so much easier to deal with. Don't get me wrong, i'm not anti-social but sometimes it just seems that if people would take you at face value and not judge you, life would be so much easier.
When you're reading a book, you can get to know the characters intimitely without the fear that they're going to turn around and laugh at you.

But maybe...
Maybe real life friendships are valuable BECAUSE they're risky. You never have a gurentee that you won't get stabbed in the back, so you have to trust yourself and trust them.
They weren't kidding when they said Relationships need Trust.

and while this entry makes it sound like I"ve had horrible trust breaking experiences all my life, I really haven't. Small bad experiences, but nothing bad enough to shake my faith in people. At least not yet...lol

I just read
The Truth by Terry Prattchet

am reading
The truth about forever by Sarah Dessin


~Linen

No comments:

Post a Comment